Edu Meneses started his guitar studies with 12 years old, completing his first studies with Mario and Waldir Falcaro, later working as a guitarist on recordings of tracks and jingles for Cosmossom Studio – Sao Paulo.
Also worked as composer and music consultant, producing tracks for several short films in partnerships with students of FAAP (Fundação Armando Alvares Penteado). Also participates in several theatrical productions acting both as an instrumentalist and as musical director, including the theater play Ninguém Entende (Aurea Karpor).
Graduated in composition at FASM (Faculdade Santa Marcelina), oriented by Sergio Cardoso and studied conducting with Emiliano Patarra and Lutero Rodrigues, concluding an internship in OJMG (Guarulhos Municipal Youth Orchestra), working in over 50 different presentations and assemblies in Opera Theatre “Theatro São Pedro”, as La Traviata, Gianni Schicchi, Cavalleria Rusticana, among others.
Worked as pedagogical supervisor and acoustic guitar teacher of Programa Guri Santa Marcelina, responsible for guitar and strings area of the entire program up to 2010. He also conducted a students guitar ensemble in the same organization up to 2011.
Edu Meneses is currently a PhD student in music technology at McGill University, also playing with Alê Damasceno (drums + electronics) and Walmir Gil (trumpet + electronics) in B.E.A.T. trio and leads the Brasilian music ensemble 7Cabeças.
- Meneses, E. A. L., Wanderley, M. M. (2017). New developments on the augmentation of a classical guitar: Addition of embedded sound synthesis and OSC communication over network. In 16th Brazilian Symposium on Computer Music (pp. 168--169). São Paulo - Brazil.
- Meneses, E. A. L., Freire, S., Wanderley, M. M. (2018). GuitarAMI and GuiaRT: two independent yet complementary Augmented Nylon Guitar projects. In International Conference on New Interfaces for Musical Expression (NIME) (pp. 222–227). Blacksburg, USA.
- Meneses, E., Wang, J., Freire, S., Wanderley, M. M. (2019). A Comparison of Open-Source Linux Frameworks for an Augmented Musical Instrument Implementation. In New Interfaces for Musical Expression. Porto Alegre, Brazil.
- Wang, J., Meneses, E., Wanderley, M. M. (2020). The Scalability of WiFi for Mobile Embedded Sensor Interfaces. In Proc. of the International Conference on New Interfaces for Musical Expression (NIME). Birmingham, U.K..
- Calegario, F., Tragtenberg, J., Wang, J., Franco, I., Meneses, E. A. L., Wanderley, M. M. (2020). Open Source DMIs: towards a replication certification for online shared projects of digital musical instruments. In Proc. of the International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (HCII) (pp. 14). Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Meneses, E. A. L., Fukuda, T., Wanderley, M. M. (2020). Expanding and Embedding a High-level Gesture Vocabulary for the Digital and Augmented Musical Instruments. In Proc. of the International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (HCII). Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Calegario, F., Wanderley, M., Tragtenberg, J., Wang, J., Sullivan, J., Meneses, E., Franco, I., Kirkegaard, M., Bredholt, M., Rohs, J. (2020). Probatio 1.0: collaborative development of a toolkit for functional DMI prototypes. In Proc. of the International Conference on New Interfaces for Musical Expression (NIME) (pp. 6). Birmingham, UK.
- Freire, S., Santos, G., Armondes, A., Meneses, E. A. L., Wanderley, M. M. (2020). Evaluation of Inertial Sensor Data by a Comparison with Optical Motion Capture Data of Guitar Strumming Gestures. In Sensors.